Have you recently been approved for a credit card with Bank of America, and you’re unsure where to begin after receiving your card? Your first step is simple!
Go to BankOfAmerica.com/Activate to proceed with credit card activation and get started using your card immediately!
Our Guide To www.BankOfAmerica.com/Activate
Activation is quick and easy just follow the steps below!
Once you receive your card, there are several ways you can activate it.
- If you already have a BOA account simply visit their activation site at www.BankOfAmerica.com/Activate
- Click “Sign in to Online Banking” to login to your account, then follow the personalized on screen steps to activate your card.
Activation By Creating An New Account
1. If you don’t have an account yet you’ll need to click “Enroll in Online Banking” and sign up or an account.
To enroll in online banking you will have to enter your card number and your SSN.
2. On the next screen enter the full card number, expiration date, and the 3-digit CVC security number on the back of the card to activate it.
Note: You can use a desktop, call or use the BOA mobile app for card activation
Note: This site is specifically for credit cards. If you need to activate a debit card you’ll want to visit bankofamerica.com/activatedebitcard and login to the online banking portal.
How to Activate your Card by Phone
You can also get your card up and running using your phone if you don’t have access to the internet.
Follow these few steps to call and activate by phone:
- Call the toll-free number at 1-800-276-9939
- Say or enter your full account number.
- Enter the verification credentials (this number could be your SSN, zip code, or phone number connected to your account).
How to Activate your Card with a Mobile App
The last option is to use the bank’s mobile app to activate your card.
- Download the app for iOS or Android
- Log in to your BOA account using your username and password.
- Enter your new card number and follow the rest of the prompts.
Once you have completed the steps for activating your Bank of America card, whichever way best suits your needs, then you are done, and your card is now activated! You can use your card right away after it has successful activation.
Top BOA Credit Card Options
There are a plethora of cards you can choose from when picking one from BankofAmerica. Your options will be dependent on your credit history, score, income, current debit levels and more.
If you have minimal credit history, one of the best options for you is the Secured card. This only requires minimal credit history, and this card will help you establish better credit. Even though this card doesn’t have any rewards, it is still a great option if your credit score is low. There is no annual fee with this card.
Another great option if you travel often is the Premium Travel card. There is an annual fee, and you need a score of around 670 or higher. The travel reward perks are great with this card! You earn 2x points on traveling and dining and 1.5x points on all other purchases.
The last and most flexible card option is the Cash Rewards card. This particular card requires a minimum credit score of 720, and there is no annual fee. You earn 3% cashback on on one category get to choose among dining, drugs stores, home improvement stores, gas, travel and online shopping. You also get 2% back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs for a maximum of $2,500 you spend each quarter, then 1% after that and on everything else.
So which card will you choose? Visit www.BankOfAmerica.com/Activate and click on “Credit Cards” at the bottom of the page to view their full list of cards.
About Bank Of America
This BOA is one of America’s largest financial institutions. They serves individuals and businesses of all sizes, including approximately 66 million consumer and business clients worldwide!
- Website: https://www.BankOfAmerica.com/customer-service/contact-us/credit-card/
- Phone Numbers: Billing Inquiries 1-866-266-0212 or Customer Service (available 24/7 for lost or stolen cards) 1-800-732-9194